Questions for Students after watching Dave’s message:
- Did you grow up believing that “everything happens for a reason?”
- Has there been a time in your life when someone said to you “everything happens for a reason?” Share a story, if applicable. What impact did that have on your view of God?
- Have you ever struggled with blaming God for something bad that happened in your life?
- What did Dave say the word “determinism” means? Why is this a dangerous view to have of God?
- Read Romans 8:28-30. According to verse 28, to whom does God make the promise to work all things together for the good? According to verse 29, what happens as God works all things together for good in your life?
- How has God worked in your life to help you look more like Jesus? What steps are you taking to look more like Jesus everyday?