Through prayer we have an opportunity to be a force in God’s Kingdom here on Earth. Prayer is an active adventure of faith, following God’s direction for His global Church, BSCC, and individuals. Prayer is active listening and communication; not a one-dimensional Christian mandate.
The goal of the Prayer Ministry is to intensify the practice of prayer and permeate our church with a culture of prayer. We encourage growth in our personal prayer lives through prayer education and mentoring. We facilitate corporate prayer by providing a variety of prayer opportunities throughout the year. For additional information about the opportunities listed below, please complete the Prayer Participation Survey or contact Glen Nash.
- Intercessory groups praying for specific needs as requested.
- Prayer groups meeting before and/or during worship services to invite God’s presence and power into our worship experience.
- Groups meeting for intentional, focused prayer for specific staff members, ministries and missionaries on a regular basis.
- Small Group Bible Studies on the topic of prayer.
- Prayer & Worship events – an hour of worship music and directed prayer with others.
- Around the Clock Prayer Events – a tag-team approach for prayer regarding significant issues or needs of our church, country or world.
- Prayer Walks – opportunities to participate in guided prayers for topics such as your neighbor’s spiritual awareness, local officials and workers, students, teachers, school administrators, etc.
- Prayer & Fasting Emphasis – Focused times of prayer and fasting for guidance, healing and discernment as encouraged in Matthew 17:21.
- National & Global Prayer Events – focusing on issues such as national and international elections, social changes, racial issues, pandemics, disasters, etc.