At Blue Springs Christian Church,
Our Mission is:
Our Mission is very simple: We are here to guide children, students and adults into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus – together. We accomplish this mission by helping people grow increasingly in their love for God, love for others, and heart to serve.
About the Bible
The Bible is the inspired Word of God written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the sole written authoritative guide for our lives.
God is the Creator and Ruler of everyone and everything. There is one God, eternal, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is the Son of God. Being sinless, He offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people through His death on a cross. He arose from the grave, demonstrating His power over sin and death, and ascended to heaven. He will return to reign as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
About The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is at work in the world helping seekers become aware of their need for Jesus. He lives within every believer, providing power for godly living and special abilities to care for others.
Salvation is a gift from God. Only by believing in Jesus as our Savior can we receive forgiveness. We are saved as we place our faith in Him through repentance, confession and baptism.
Marriage is designed by God and intended to unite a man and a woman for life. All sexual intimacy outside of this marriage relationship, whether heterosexual or homosexual, is not a part of God’s will.
Eternity is what lies ahead after we die. God loves everyone and desires for all people to choose heaven by choosing Jesus. We will exist forever together with God in heaven or separated from Him in hell.
Our Core Values
- Bringing honor to God in our daily lives as ultimate priority.
- Seeking God’s will through prayer and the Bible in all that we do.
- Encouraging all members and ministries to reach out and lead others to Jesus.
- Providing care and encouragement through our small groups.
- Being sensitive to guests while strengthening the faith of all through worship.
- Teaching people to have a growing relationship with God as they journey toward maturity in Jesus.
- Helping Christians to recognize their spiritual gifts and providing support for their ministries.
- Being responsive to spiritual and physical needs of our community and world.
- Having leaders who seek God’s direction, provide an example, and prepare new leadership.
- Striving for excellence in all our efforts and relationships.